What is SMS Client Reminders?
It's a simple way to reduce the number of clients failing to attend appointments or sessions. It can also be used to remind clients of important events such as payment dates, lectures, delivery dates and much more. Sending a simple text message (sms) or email a couple of days (or even hours) prior to a scheduled appointment or event provides a convenient reminder for clients who are then less likely to forget. By scanning your appointments calendar SMS Client Reminders can automate this process for you - with minimal effort on your part.
SMS Client Reminders is currently available in the USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Greece and Germany. Sending international appointment reminders
. If you would like to use this service in another country (not listed above), please contact us
and provide your business details and requirements so that we can confirm if this is possible.
Why should I use it?
It reduces the costs associated with missed appointments, event no-shows, meeting Did Not Attends, late payments (wasted resources, time and money). Sending reminders prior to an appointment or event is proven to decrease the number of clients who fail to attend. People often don't turn up or pay simply because they've forgotten so a simple non-intrusive SMS text and email reminder message is an excellent way to prevent that. Find out how it could help your organization
How much does it cost?
From as little as $13.99
* per month, with no contracts. There are a number of monthly plans
available to match your organization's requirements based on the number of clients you need to communicate with. It's suitable for both small businesses (with just a handful of daily appointments, events, payments) and large organizations (with thousands of clients) and everything in between. We're confident you'll find the SMS Client Reminders service extremely cost-effective. Easy online cancellation at any time
How it works
You can find more about how it works.
- Firstly, decide which method of accessing your client data you want to use; Client Name - where you upload a file containing the names of clients who are willing to be contacted in this way (plus their phone number and optionally email). You can easily export details from all popular email programs and services. Or Direct Input - where you input your client's phone number and email directly into the system or your own appointment calendar.
- You can either set up an online calendar containing your appointments (or link to an existing one), or add appointments manually/via file upload. As long as your calendar can be accessed online it should be easy to integrate. iCalendar (ICS or iCal) is an industry standard data format for exchanging calendar information and most popular services such as Google, Outlook.com (Hotmail), Outlook (requires Exchange Server), Yahoo, iCloud and Zoho, Teamup and Teamweek are supported.
- If required you can edit the template for the reminder text and determine when reminders should be sent. For example an email reminder could be sent three days prior to an appointment, and an SMS the day before. Or you could send mutliple reminders for each appointment, for example a gentle reminder 3 days before and a more urgent reminder 24 hours before. You can even set up multiple different message templates for different purposes, e.g. for different business units or members of staff.
- Once set up SMS Client Reminders does all the work for you by sending out reminder messages to your clients by SMS text and email at exactly the times you decided. It constantly monitors your appointments calendar. When it finds an appointment with a client on your uploaded client list (using Client Name mode), or with contact details contained within the appointment (using Direct Input mode), it automatically creates reminders by SMS text and email as required. If you've defined a Group and the appointment contains the Group name all clients in that group will be sent a reminder. For maximum convenience this process can be completely automated, or you can opt to manually verify each reminder message before they're sent. The choice is yours, the system has many user defined Settings allowing a wide range of business requirements to be met.